Saturday, December 19, 2009

200

BJ
Something touching happened today. A student presented to me his proud creation-a cookie with lots of icing, and the best part, he (yes, a boy) made it himself. I couldn't describe how moved I felt, after all it's the first time I received something, or anything at all, from a student. And the way he gave it to me, god, so adorable! He was like," Nah teacher." and immediately shoved it into my hand, almost afraid that other teachers may spot him. Aw. My heart's sweetened.
Another boy, from the same clan though sweetened my day further. As it was Christmas soon, I brought a whole tin of Chupachups to class and distributed to all my students, naughty or nice. And since it was the last class and there were still a handful left, I let each take 2. The funny thing was, the boy who at lightning speed grabbed one, and I thought that he wanted it for himself. Thing is, after everyone has gotten theirs, and the tin was emptied, he gingerly shoved it into my pant's pocket. I can't remember what he said, all I could recall was ...last one for teacher.
Aww. Absolutely moved. Naughty boy, yet could be so sweet.
This is why I am willing to wake up early on Saturdays, spend 8 hours at there, entertain 5 classes of students with erratic behaviour patterns. See, this is also why I had to fight for my classes. I couldn't stand the sight of somebody else taking them. I am just so thankful that I did exactly what my heart told me to.
:)