Nursing a cough and fever... Oh no..
Children are the sweetest things; they really mean no harm, they just want a little fun. And sure they did have fun; I was the butt of their jokes, harmless jokes I know, but it's lesson time and they were discussing so animatedly if the new male teacher has a crush on me, or vice versa. Seriously, at that point in time, I have the strong urge to roll on the floor and laugh out loud. These children failed to understand that love at first sight never exists, and even it does, come on, I was just introduced to him yesterday morning, and few boys claimed to see us going home after tuition together. Right, they probably mixed him up for someone else there, but I was so tickled pink by their innocence. I have no idea why I was turning beet red; not that I have anything going on with the new teacher, and seriously he gets on my nerves. He could be the most aloof teacher at the centre. From the span of 8 hours with him, never once did he smile at me!! At least some pleasantries would be nice, but heck, even when I thanked him for helping out today, he refused to look at me. I see that he failed to comprehend the most basic form of courtesy.
Oh children. I haven't being able to laugh heartily for the past couple of days; they managed to bring out that cheerful me that has gone under cover. It was puzzling how much I used to detest screaming kids before I started teaching. Now, I enjoyed thoroughly. Saturday can be the only day of the week I am most looking forward too. I once toyed with the idea of requesting weekday classes since I have mondays and tuesdays off. But I haven't really put that into action yet. Still contemplating. Sometimes I wish I have more autonomy in the lesson plans. I could see worksheets don't excite the kids the slightest sense; Argh. I guess I can only be contented with the slight freedom I have with marking. At least they didn't stop me from using my stamps.
But I want a new partner!! If not, the class is gonna drive me crazy again!
And I wished there could be a longer lunch break. There's no time for an enthusiastic chat such that I have to resort to lingering outside classrooms for a few minutes to chat with zy. I wish I can have zy, or even my, as my partner, and not that aloof gentleman. At least there's some "click" with the former.
Gosh. It seems that teaching is the only thing that keeps me going.
I have to admit though, I aim to make the kids love me, remember me as their teacher and to enjoy my classes. I already have plans to make some knick-knacks for them when the year end draws closer. Very selfish I presume. But seeing the kids having so much fun during my lessons is probably the best remuneration I can get.
