Friday, December 11, 2009

194

Can I just clarify my schedule for Saturdays, why is it that I do not need to take the last few P4 science classes?
Oh, we need to train you for maths marking because XXX will be on leave very soon and we need a back up teacher for maths.
Then, what's gonna happen to the students? who's gonna take them for me?
Oh...Mr Seow lor. He will be taking them for you.
Is this a permanent change? I mean will I ever have back my classes.
Hmmmm....
I mean I have been teaching them along since they were P3, and now all of a sudden, Mr Seow is taking them, somehow it feels a little strange. You know I have already grown quite attached to the students.
Well, Mr Seow can handle the class I think since it's pretty small, perhaps when they have experiments we will call you in first.

All this sounds like awful crap to me. I was so peeved yesterday I almost screamed at my supervisor after knowing how I was apparently taken off my classes, and I was with absolutely nothing to do for the rest of the remaining Saturday. I have been doing a good job and the students have been receptive. Why the sudden change? And shouldn't Mr Seow be teaching P5 instead of MY P4s!
It sounds awfully unfair to me, when was I a back up teacher for the classes that rightfully belong to me! All this doesn't make sense. Who needs weeks of training in marking, besides, I don't mind at all if I were just assisting him, after all, those are my classes! I have all the reason to be in there, with the students. Please do not fool me, even if you promised that I will be the first to come to mind when he needs help, I do not think there ever will be the chance, well of course, he somehow 知难而退。Without him out, I won't ever be in.
I was upset the whole night. I couldn't figure out what to do. No one knows how much I value my classes, and students. I've always enjoyed teaching the last class, I could still recall the fun I had last term. The thought of not being able to do that now really upsets me. Things shouldn't turn out like this.
I want those classes. But nobody is giving me chance to negotiate.