This is pretty unfortunate because I am griping about my sister.
At times I do have the inclination to storm up to her, and say," Can you please just spend as much time with us?" I totally understand that spending time with bf is important. Well, spending time with family is just as important isn't it? I am not sorry to say that she has been like this ever since she got attached. Hasn't she realised that she's always out on sundays, but never out with us.
Talking about my sister does not feel right at all, but her behaviour does make my blood boil at times, especially whenever my mum's face spells disappointment as she asks for my sis to join us for shopping trips or something. But she never did. Bf comes first, unfailingly.
It breaks my heart to see my mum like that, disappointed.
I tried to hint to her, that perhaps she could take some time out to accompany my parents, even if it's just for a short while, and even if it's just to NTUC or something. I believe they will be more than satisfied.
Being in a relationship should not create a rift between you and your family, shouldn't it? A relationship is a union, not an exclusion.
So I made a promise, not to be like her.
That my other half in the future has to spend time with me and my family, together. Isn't this an ideal picture -you, your other half and your family, all having fun together? It appears I took such a long time to understand this point, but I am glad I do now.
Perhaps my sister thinks otherwise. 二人世界is more of her thing.
