Monday, September 28, 2009

139

Last saturday...

Me: happy children's day. (as I distributed the lewin goodie bags)
Student: teacher, you buy one isit?
Another student: No lah, it's from lewin!!
Me: (Yup very smart. I ain't this rich to prepare truckloads of goodies for you people...)

Delphine: Yimin! are you okay? you seemed to be having flu ah....(gave me a kind pat on my shoulder)
Me: i have no idea. It just came on all of a sudden.
D: Today's classes are manageable right? only mcqs.
Me: yup, no problem at all. (flashed her my big i-can-do-it smile)
D: Are you having tests next week or something?
Me: Yup, but I am coping them well. (smile again)
D: wow! that's very cute! ( her eyes lit up, and pointed enthusiastically at my necklace)
Me: haha, yup. thanks. ( I have no idea how to respond to that compliment)

Sy: I watched a movie last week, very touching. But i can't remember the title....(paused in marking, had this faraway look, while I and edwin looked at him, amused.)
Me: You just caught it last week and you forgot the title? (gave him my ji-siao look,while edwin grinned)
sy: hmmmmmm...(still with his faraway look)
15 minutes later..,
sy: OH! I remembered! (and gave the table a light smack; ed and I were very amused at the amount of time his memory needs to be jolted.)
Me: great. you took like 15 minutes to recall. (chided him playfully while ed continued to grin.)
sy: aiya.......it's called whatever works! ( a triumphant expression on his face)
Ed: hmmmmmm...
And we continued marking, and marking, and marking.....


fun. absolutely adore saturdays!