What do you want?
Right, my sister didnt't really utter that in an indignant manner at all, but she did bug me with her incessant queries over my 21st birthday party (that is, if I have decided to give it a go) I am still deliberating over it, since I did not grow up having birthday parties thrown for me and a party sounds really full of hassle. Actually the thought of being in the spotlight kind of scares me. The need for Attention isn't really in my blood.
So I do not know just as yet what my heart wants. It could be very well just a simple modest dinner, home-cooked by mum, and inviting close friends over to soak in the mood.
But then again, 21st is a big thing, right? How often do we reach a major milestone in our lives?
So I told my sis that I am still thinking about it. Well, more like procrastinating thinking about it since there are other more pressing issues to deal with like my lack of interest in school.
And she kindly offered her ideas. Very creative indeed, you know!
E.g. Renting accomodation at this newly set-up Kranji farms or whatsoever, and have a mini gathering over there. Yea, what about transportation? I have no license. Book a Flyer capsule and order buffet. Yea, if I struck lottery, then we'll discuss again. Book a chalet at some beach resorts and BBQ. Yea, too much hassle unfortunately. Anyway, most people did that for their 21st too, so ordinary.
Then don't celebrate la. Cool! We can all save the money.
Nope, I won't penalise myself for not having a memorable 21st. I am going to start thinking about it, properly and realistically. But I did tell some of my friends what I already have in mind. I think most probably, that would be it.
Not much fanfare, but sufficient to mark my foray into adulthood.
